1. What is an event?
camdram.net contains listings pages specifically tailored to displaying shows, auditions, and applications deadlines. Therefore, none of these should be listed as an event; for more information see the listing shows
infobase pages. Please note we are also a service for Cambridge Theatre Societies only. We will not accept events listings which fall outside this category (e.g. clubs, parties, or shows which are not Cambridge student-related.)
2. How to list an event
To list an event you must be a registered administrator for a society. If you are not, please get in touch with the committee of the society overseeing the event, or email camdram.net websupport
Generally the quickest way to edit an event is to find it on the diary page. If you are logged in and have the access required to edit the event, an "E" icon will appear in the entry; click on it to jump straight to the editor.
If it's not yet listed in the diary, or you can't find it, or you wish to create an entirely new event, click "full admin menu..." available near the top left of each screen when you're logged in. Then choose "Events Editor".
You are shown a list of events to which you have access. You can add, delete, view or edit events by clicking as appropriate.
When editing or creating an event, you may fill in the following fields:
- Event Title: a concise description of your event, e.g. "Freshers' Squash"
- Date, Start Time: You must provide the date, but may leave the start time as "00:00" in which case the event is listed without any time.
- End Time: Again, this may be left as "00:00" if there is no specific end time, or the event is open ended.
- As Society: If you are an administrator for more than one society, you can pick which society is running the event here. Please ensure you pick the correct society, as that society will be credited on the event details page.
- Link ID: you will almost certainly leave this as 0; don't worry about it if you don't understand its purpose. However, you can set it to the ID number of another event to avoid typing the description twice for repeated events. Alternatively, set as a negative number to make camdram.net jump to a specific page.
- Detailed Description: You can provide any information relevent to the event here. In particular, remember to give the location of the event, and contact details where relevent.
3. Technical differences between events and shows
In many respects, shows and events are handled similarly by camdram.net. However, events are limited in that you cannot associate auditions or applications with them, and they do not (currently) get archived after they are complete.
Last edited Mon 16th Jan 2006 by Andrew Pontzen
back to camdram