You can list vacant production team positions on our production
page. Firstly, you need to create the show
or gain access
(if some details of the show have already been entered by someone else).
Now go to the show manager. (Select the 'admin' tab, and then choose 'Show Manager')
By default, the show manager only displays shows you have created or have been granted access to. However, if you have access to a large number of shows, you may wish to search for the show you are editing.
Once you have found the show, click on the open positions: "production team" link which appears in the show listings table. If there is already an advert entered for the show, you will have the option to delete
it or edit
it. Click on the latter to update the information.
The create/editing process is straight-forward; simply type a list of roles available (one per line) in the Positions available
box. You can also use the list of common roles, clicking insert after each one, to build your list if this is easier for you.
Insert a short contact phrase in the contact details
box, e.g. "contact Andrew Collander (abc12) for more information"
If you do not provide a deadline
date, the advert will be automatically set to expire after four days. This is just to ensure the production team vacancies list is always up to date. You are automatically warned via email should your entry be about to expire; the email carries instructions on how to renew, a straightforward and fast process.
You may also specify a deadline time, if you wish.
The further information
field may be filled in if you wish; please note that your standard show details and synopsis will be included in the advert, so you are advised against including an extra synopsis in this field. More useful information to be included here might be an explanation of each role, or any existing design ideas/concepts.
Please note the production team listings on camdram.net are used to generate the ADC Techies' List emails. Therefore, it is exceptionally important to keep each advert concise, as few people are willing to trawl through an extremely long email.
In particular, it is worth bearing in mind:
- You should not list the positions available in the "extra information" field; these will be included automatically in emails and on the web.
- Keep any further information short and concise. In general, phrases such as "this show is going to be the best and biggest ever in Cambridge" are worthless padding, and do not actually encourage anyone to apply.
- Do explain any unusual roles, or anything which might be particularly challenging to the show.
- Bear in mind only the first paragraph of your show synopsis is used to generate emails. This is a necessary measure to prevent emails becoming too long.
- We have also had to limit the "extra information" field to 15 lines - again, this is unfortunate but necessary to prevent the generated information from becoming prohibitively long.
Last edited Thu 24th Jan 2008 by Alex Brett
back to applications